Saboten

>> Tuesday, September 7, 2010


Have always had tonkatsu at Tonkichi; this time we attempt a new outlet.


As with Tonkichi, you are served free flow of cabbage, miso soup and rice. There were 2 types of sauces for the cabbage - an orange peel sauce and sesame sauce. I personally preferred the former for its lighter and slightly sour taste.


If you are having the tonkatsu, you are given this mini bowl of sesame seeds to grind on your own and add it to the tonkatsu sauce.



I ordered the special set, which came with hire katsu, rosu katsu, ebi and cream croquette. I usually order the hire katsu because I do not eat the fats, but I seem to realise that the meat on the rosu katsu somehow tasted more tender and aromatic, although I still did not consume the fats. And sad to say, none of the miso soup I had locally can beat what I had in Japan.


The set came with green tea ice cream. Not too sweet, but still had a strong green tea taste.

3 comments:

Brown Cookie Blog January 21, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

Beautiful shot of the green tea ice cream!

Anonymous,  May 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM  

I just been to Saboten recently!
Interesting blog!
Hope you will view my food blog when you are free too :) Cheers~

Jan Jee April 10, 2014 at 2:32 AM  

Dear ダニエル・タン,

Your blog is amazing! I'd love to be in touch with you.
Would it be possible for you to drop me an email at janecjj_92@hotmail.com?

Thanks,
Jan Jee

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails