Macaron Part 2

>> Saturday, September 12, 2009

Attempted my macarons this weekend as intended. I think I finally got the right oven temperature and timing; only question is how to prevent the top from browning while ensuring the inside is not under-baked.

Two flavours above: teh halia and chrysanthemeum. I initially made a buttercream filling, somehow, the taste seem too butter-y and I did not like it that much. So I switched to a mascarpone filling. The teh halia flavour was easy; I just had to fold 3-in-1 tea mix and ground ginger into the filling. For the chrysanthemeum, I had problems thinking of how to infuse the flavour in. In my attempt to experiment, I ended up with a really thick chrysanthemeum syrup which crystallised, so I added bits of the chrysanthemeum sugar in. Unfortunately, the taste was not very strong. Maybe a white chocolate ganache with the chrysanthemeum infused into the cream would be better.

Overall, I think the texture of the shell was better than the last time; less moist and crystallised. But I think the insides can still be a little more dry. The filling somehow did not harden, which is the way those sold outside are. I wonder what filling they use, or maybe I got my filling wrong. Guess I still have some way to go! But I think I'll take a break from macarons for now. Hmm...opera cake or portugese egg tarts next?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails