What Macaron Flavours?

>> Tuesday, September 8, 2009

While I have yet to officially perfect my macaron shell, which I will attempt to do so soon, I am thinking of the possible flavours I could make. Thinking of more unique, uncommon flavours, as opposed to the usual ones like matcha, coffee, etc. So far, I have these in mind:

1. Ginseng shell and chrysanthemeum buttercream (assuming I can get my hands on ginseng)
2. Violet? Lavender? (but I have no idea where to get the flavour)
3. Rose shell, lychee cream and raspberry gelee (this one only when I have become an expert)
4. Teh Halia??

I have to say that it's not that I love eating macarons. While the texture is appealing, the sugar content is definitely not good for my diet plans! But the multitude of colours and flavours really fascinate me.

So I'm taking in more suggestions...anyone? I reserve the right to not make though...whahaha!

3 comments:

Sparkling or Still September 9, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

Violet Lavender - i believe some shops in singapore sell those dried flowers which are used for cooking. I help u look out for it.


For Valrhona chocolate for baking, it's here:

http://epicurative.blogspot.com/2009/06/where-do-i-buy.html

ダニエル・タン September 9, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

Thanks! Think i'll visit Sun Lik...more accessible. The almond meal from Phoon Huat does seem less evenly grounded, but I have to use my other bar of Hershey's first before I switch to Valrhona.

And I think I'll order the vanilla pods man...been wondering where to get them..

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails