Aston's + Marmalade Pantry

>> Friday, November 27, 2009


My toy still has yet to arrive, so here's some crappy pics again...

Had dinner at Aston's Prime at Centerpoint. Took the Ribeye with Brussels Sprouts and Jacket Potato. The brussel sprouts was very tender and tasty, because it was probably cooked in butter. The meat was flavourful and not tough at all. Last time I was here, I took the prime rib, which I think is less aromatic than this ribeye. Overall, a good steak, although I'm missing Hog's Breath's Blackened Prime Rib now.


Have never been to Marmalade Pantry; only tried its sister place at One Fullerton once before. Went there for desserts and decided to try their Sticky Date and Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Bean ice cream, which they are supposedly good for. I was also curious how it tasted like since I once saw Rachel Allen baking it on her show.

It was an interesting texture; it was fluffy, sweet and you could taste the hint of dates. It tasted more like it was steamed rather than baked. The pudding was served warm and went well with the creamy, cold ice cream.


We had ordered a Classic Chocolate Fudge cake right at the start as we saw some people eating it and it had looked huge and decadent. Somehow, they forgot to serve us the cake, and by the time we actually asked about it, they had all sold out. So, we switched to the Sea Salt Caramel Cheesecake.

The cheese was rather light and creamy, but not overly rich nor heavy. I could taste the sea salt, but the caramel taste was lacking. The biscuit layer deserves a special mention. Of all the cheesecakes I had eaten, you could taste the large crumbs of the biscuit layer. This was totally different. It was almost powdery in texture. While it doesn't crumble under your fork, it simply disperses in your mouth. Once again, this was a new textural sensation.

Have not tried Marmalade Pantry's main courses though, but I would sure like to if I have a chance, not to mention there seems to be a high number of pretty ladies at this place!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails