Bo Lo Yao & Japanese Curry Bun

>> Friday, November 6, 2009


I'm beginning to enjoy making breads, especially after successfully making a soft loaf last week using the water starter method. This week, from the same batch of dough, I made Bo Lo Yao and Japanese Curry Buns.


Ah..the Bo Lo Yao sure brings back memories. A warm bun with cold butter, and a hot cup of milk tea sure was a comforting breakfast when I was in Hong Kong, and I still miss the place. Shall plan a trip back some time. Only failed bit of it was the coating which cracked too much as the dough proofed and expanded, otherwise, it tasted great.

Japanese Curry Buns filled with potatoes and chicken.


The buns were okay as a whole, but not as soft as last week's. The only difference here was the lack of cream, and my starter did seem a little more watery than last week's. I guess next time I shall prepare the starter on the same day as baking.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails