Japan Day 5 - Harajuku & Shinjuku

>> Saturday, July 11, 2009

Check out the photo blog for more pics!

On the fifth day, we travelled back to Tokyo. First up, we went to Harajuku hoping to catch some cosplay. The pic below you see is Takeshita-dori (竹下道り) on a Sunday. Look how packed it is! We had to slowly snake our way through it. No wonder I saw another name for it on a map - Hell Street.


Some random shots of the Harajuku streets.



Finally, in another area away from the shopping district, we spotted a cosplay girl! She was posing for lots of tourists who were photographing her. Of course, we did not miss out that opportunity, and she even looked into my camera and nodded at me after I took my shot! =) I had a pic taken together with her too, but that shall remain in my private collection.


Next, we were back in Shinjuku for dinner and some exploration.




Had dinner at Suizan, which was recommended by my friend and served udon noodles. The udon in Japan are thinner and flatter than the usual kind you see in Singapore which are round and fat. Mine was served in a sticky broth with vegetables, meat and egg. Pretty tasty!



The streets opposite is actually Kabuki-cho - the red light district in Shinjuku. I did not take pics while walking through it lest I accidentally create some trouble. We were even accosted by some touts, and even saw a kid on all fours apologising to some gangster! Anyway, the main purpose of the pic below is actually the Korean chio bu posing for pics in the middle.




Finally, we ended the day with a visit to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, which had a free observatory on the 45th floor.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails