Marutama Ramen @ Liang Court

>> Friday, April 9, 2010


Been patronizing Marutama Ramen since they first opened at Central, and I am glad to say their standard is still there after so long.

I took the Aka-Ramen, which is soup base made from seven nuts, and which has always felt unique to me compared to the usual tonkotsu stock. It is not overly salty and the tang from the pickles and lemon made it appetizing. The egg was runny on the inside as always. Marutama's egg has never disappointed.


We also ordered the yaki char siu, which was as flavourful as before. Slightly crisp at the edges and soft at the centre. The only time when I eat meat with fats and all.


The gyoza while looking fiery is not spicy at all. After all, Japanese food is never really that spicy.


Ended off lunch with a brief stop at Cedele Depot, where we had cakes. I took the Orange Chocolate Cheesecake. Unfortunately, the flavours of this did not blend as well as what I had at other places. The bitterness of the orange came through and spoilt the overall taste. Chocolate taste was lacking as it was only that thin layer at the top. The cake was also a little too soft for my liking. I should have tried the Chocolate Truffle cake instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails