Wah Lok Cantonese Restaurant

>> Wednesday, April 28, 2010


Been some time since I had proper dim sum meal. Came here as I had a good experience here before.


I don't actually eat fatty pork, so I can't quite say how this stacks up against other places.


Steamed carrot cake which I rather like. Reminds me of a similar one at Victor's Kitchen. Carrot cake was very soft and the sauce was not too salty.


This was probably one of our favorites - Char Siu Bo Luo Bun. The fillings inside was quite tasty. On the outside, crust was sinfully good, while the bread was thin and soft. We had 2 servings of this. I still miss the Bo Luo Yao in Hong Kong, though.


We ordered 2 types of steamed rice rolls - Char Siu and scallops.


Steamed glutinous rice with chicken inside. Nothing to shout about.


I like the Har Gao. The prawns were succulent and fresh, and the skin was not hard nor too chewy.


The Siew Mai tasted pretty good too.


Fried prawn dumplings with mayonnaise.


Egg tarts. The pastry was extremely fragile and literally breaks apart in your mouth.


Beancurd Skin which I found to be too hard.


Ended off the meal with desserts. The almond cream on the left seemed pretty watery, but I did not taste it so I have no idea how good it was. I took the Mango & Pomelo Sago. It was fairly thick and full of sago, and not too sweet. Overall, I thought it was quite nice although maybe it would have been a little better with more mango.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails