Hog's Breath @ Chjimes

>> Thursday, April 1, 2010


Was in a steak mood, so off to Hog's Breath we went. Been to Hog's Breath couple of times over the years and I'm still loving their prime rib. This is up there with Morton's as my favorite place. I would say when you need a reasonably priced and satisfying steak, this is the place to go.

We took the set lunch at $21.90++. First up was seafood chowder which was rather creamy. The garlic bread was pretty large and not dry at all although slightly oily.


Next the mains, and I had the blackened prime rib, which is my favorite of all their choices available. It's basically cajun-spiced and more importantly, has that chargrilled flavour which I love. However, I remember it was a little more charred the last few times I was here and I prefer that. But this was still soft and slightly fatty.

Their curly fries are great as well - crispy on the outside but you still can taste the soft, powdery potato on the inside. I hate fries that are over-fried and hollowed out inside, but this was just right. I wanted to change to baked potato but forgotten...


The set came with dessert and we had a choice of Mud Cake or Apple Crumble. Nothing special here, as the cake turned out to be kind of dry. I think my Moist Chocolate Cake beats this hands down anytime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails