Asia Grand Restaurant

>> Tuesday, May 18, 2010


Had a dim sum lunch at Asia Grand Restaurant located at Odeon Towers.


Har Gao - the skin was quite soft; better than what I had at Dim Joy in my opinion.


Siew Mai - the insides were quite 'solid', and you can feel the pieces of meat.


Beef Rice Rolls - I thought that the skin was not soft enough, and I think prawn still goes best in rice rolls.


Fried Shrimp Dumpling - the usual here; nothing extraordinary.


Steamed carrot cake - I prefer this version which is more paste-y, as opposed to the julienne radish version at Dim Joy.


Beef Balls - I kinda like this, although the presence of coriander inside might turn some people off.


I cannot remember the name of this, but its skin was a chewy texture and the insides were filled with marinated meat and mushrooms.


Steamed BBQ Pork buns - these were tasty and fluffy - what you would expect from Hongkong-styled buns.


Fried Banana & Shrimp - I remembered eating something similar at a restaurant called Oriental Restaurant in Bedok when I was young, and I loved it. But I think the texture of this skin was not to my liking.


Saw good reviews of their custard bun. Their version here is actually a Pineapple Bun with custard inside.


However, their custard was way better than Dim Joy's, and did not have the sugary feel to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails