2010 Winter Hokkaido Day 6 - Sapporo

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010



The last day of any trip is usually wasted. I reached Sapporo's Shin Chitose Airport before noon. You can actually buy a lot of the Hokkaido snacks here without needing to go to the actual stores.



 

Ha! I found the Hanabatake store again, but there was no milk pudding, so I tried the caramel one. Somehow, I think the milk one still tasted better.

 

From the same store, I also tried the melon pan. Nothing extraordinarily special here.

 

 

My domestic flight was a Bombardier CRJ. It was my first time riding this kind of plane and I was pretty excited. We had to board by bus. Inside, it was just 4 seats across with an aisle in the middle. Actually, it was a little cramped.

 

 

It's been less than 24 hours, but I am already missing Japan, and suffering the withdrawal symptoms once again from the lack of eye candy, sights and sounds, and definitely the friggin' temperature. As before, I returned with renewed fervour to buck up my Japanese skills. Actually, this time round I was able to understand announcements better, but conversing with shop assistants still cries for improvement. The last time I came back, I signed up for extra lessons. I wonder what I will do next this time round. Work?

I still have to cover Japan in spring and autumn. For now, I know I love the place. I want to visit Europe but I know I will be back, and I have decided I shall make Japan an annual pilgrimage destination. I shall and I will make short trips there once a year, at least. This I promise myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails