Okonomiyaki

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010



If there is a dish that I am absolutely partial to, it has to be okonomiyaki. I simply love mix of okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise and seaweed.

Last made this a long time ago. Been thinking of doing it again, but decided to do it now, especially after the lousy one I ate at Watami.

 

I added prawns and squid as well.

 

Finished off my dinner with a Red Bean and Mochi I bought at Isetan Orchard. A little too sweet for my liking.

.......................................................................................................................
Recipe

Ingredients:
(A) Flour 120g
(A) Salt 1/2tsp
(A) Soup Stock (Chicken/Fish/Vegatable) 150ml
(A) Milk 30ml

Cabbage 500g
3 Eggs
Salt 1/2tsp
Ginger powder 1/2tsp
Any other meat or seafood as you wish

1. Combine all the ingredients labeled (A) and rest in refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
2. Slice the cabbage any way you wish, but neither too small nor too big.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the 3 eggs lightly. Add in salt and ginger powder (In actual Japanese cooking, I believe they added the red preserved ginger, but I substituted with ginger powder. Optional, but somehow I think it enhances the overall flavour somewhat.)
4. Pour the egg mixture into the batter and mix well.
5. Put in cabbage and mix well.
6. Heat oil in a pan until hot.
7. Just before pouring the ingredients in, lower to low heat. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
8. Place your meat/seafood on the top and flip over. Cook for another 5 minutes or so.
9. Serve generously with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise and seaweed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails