Ah Chiang's Porridge

>> Wednesday, March 24, 2010


Since we are more free on weekdays than on weekends, we ventured out for lunch at Tiong Poh Road.


There were a variety of fish, pork or century egg congee. I took the century egg mixed with pig's liver. Congee was not too salty; pig's liver was not too thick, which would otherwise give me a queasy feel. Dough fritters were a separate order, which we forgot to do, compared to some other places which come with the congee by default.


Also ordered the raw fish; not too sure what kind of fish this was, but the meat was slightly chewy which was a little different from what I tried in the past.


Ended off the meal at Bakerzin. Actually, this is not mine, but my friend's as they did not have the pana cotta which I wanted. The colourful sticks here are made of meringue. Ice cream flavours were cream cheese, vanilla and caramel. The cream cheese taste was fairly strong, although overall, their ice cream seem to feel quite 'diluted'. But now I am quite inspired to make my own cream cheese ice cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails