Gunther's

>> Tuesday, March 2, 2010

 
That's my lunch partner trying to dodge my camera. For his sake, I have pixelated his face to protect his identity... =p

We were served this warm little baguette, which had a very crispy crust.
  

Also given olive oil and vinegar. Not my first time dipping bread in this, but I usually stuck with butter. The vinegar here, however, tasted somewhat sweet and I liked it. So, for the first time, I dipped most of my bread in this.

  
First up, I took the Foie Gras Ravioli Consomme. The ravioli texture was more like wanton skin and not as chewy as the kind cooked as pasta.
  
For mains, I had the day's special which was striploin. The meat had a nice grilled flavour to it, although meat was a little tough at some parts.
  
Dessert was was mango sorbet. I think this was quite nice given that it was not too sweet and had a slight sour taste to it.

  

Coffee was very intense and aromatic.


We were given a plate of this. Not too sure what to term it as. It consisted of canelle, madeleine (I think..) and semi-sweet chocolate. Ended the meal with a challenge from cknewsstand to make canelles...

2 comments:

Sparkling or Still March 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Hahaha. Your lunch partner looks like some criminal in the newspaper.

ダニエル・タン March 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

ya man...like someone caught in a scandal..

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails