Chicken Pau

>> Sunday, March 28, 2010


Attempted to make Hong Kong style steamed chicken pau with mixed success.

It started with making the starter dough the night before, and allowing it to proof for 12 hours.


Next morning it looked like this:


I cooked my chicken meat which did not taste too bad.


Pleating the paus were a challenge, as the dough would not maintain its form and shrank each time. Maybe I did not knead long enough.


I packed my first batch too tightly and they did not have space to expand as they steamed, leading to these weird shapes. I allowed more space in my subsequent batches and the turned out more rounded.


Inside my pau:


Unfortunately, the dough was a little dry and turned a little hard when cooled, although heating it before eating made it a little better. Still, it did not turn out as fluffy as I hoped.

Well, I still have some Hong Kong flour left, so maybe I try another method of making the dough the next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails