Negi Takoyaki & Okonomiyaki

>> Saturday, March 20, 2010


The Kyushu Fair at Isetan had been there for more than a week, but I only stepped in today.

The takoyaki caught my eye, as they have the negi (spring onion) version. Usually in Singapore, you only find the ones with bonito flakes, but this is another way it is served in Japan, amongst many other ways.


Inside was soft and moist, and the tako was not too chewy. Not too oily as well, compared to Gindako.

How could I miss my favorite okonomiyaki. They had another with spicy mayonnaise, but I decided to go with original.


You can see the red ginger mixed in. When I made my own, I did not add in ginger and I think overall, okonomiyaki tastes better with it. Actually, the base was made of noodles. Come to think of it, I did not read the signs, so maybe this is actually modanyaki instead.


Got praised by the somewhat cute Japanese salesgirl as I decided to practise my spoken Japanese =p. Too bad this weekend's the last or I'll surely go back for more food - both for my stomach and my eyes!

But the real test's when I go Japan again right? Sendai, Sendai, Sendai!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails