Chocolate Gateau

>> Monday, March 15, 2010


When I was in Hokkaido, LeTao was selling this chocolate thing which looked absolutely heavenly but I did not try it. Recently, I was watching TV and saw this supposedly famous place in Tokyo making something similar, so I found the Japanese recipe.


In the TV programme, they seem to have only mixed egg and chocolate, although since it was not a cooking show, I have no idea if that was truly the complete recipe. The recipe I found online had flour mixed in, so I decide to follow the online recipe.


As it turns out, it seems more like a souffle cake, whereas what I saw on TV seemed more like eating a paste-like chocolate texture, as opposed to a cake-like texture.

Nonetheless, this was pretty fluffy and soft when eaten warm. When refrigerated, it was a little harder and tasted more like a brownie. I think I shall try this again next time without the flour and see if it's turns out closer to what I saw.

..................................................................................................................................
Recipe

Semi-sweet Chocolate 45g
Cream 35g
Unsalted butter 40g
Flour 15g
Caster Sugar 70g
Caster Sugar (for meringue) 40g
Eggs 2

1. Put the butter, chocolate and cream in a bowl, and microwave for 1 minute on high. Mix well after taking out from oven.
2. Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
3. Add the caster sugar (70g) and egg yolks into the chocolate mixture, followed by the flour.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites into a meringue, while adding the caster sugar (40g) in two separate batches.
5. Fold the meringue into the chocolate mixture in 2 batches.
6. Bake at 170 degrees C for 30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

Related Posts with Thumbnails